Keep Striking


Happy new month guys, there are a lot of reasons why I'm just joyful today. After spending the better part of October worrying (a bad habit that I'm trying to shake off), November is really smiling at me. Okay, so this morning the devil had been trying to provoke me, sending different people to just offend me so I'll explode but I've been unusually calm (people that know me well can relate with why it's unusual). On getting out to work this morning, transport guys just started hiking prices and there was a scarcity, out of nowhere a tout just went to get me a vehicle at the normal price, I felt he wanted something from me but he didn't want anything (cos the belief is nothing comes free). Then I got to work and the day just kept getting better, very small testimonies to you but huge stuff to me.

Now the above is not what I intend to blog about, but rather about something I strongly believe in.
2 Kings 13:18 New International Version
Then he said, "take the arrows,"and the king took them. Elisha told him, "strike the ground." He struck it three times and stopped.

So there's this post I recall titled "vain repetition or importune prayers" (yes I wrote it, I think it was on the blog I migrated from), there's something about us, we pray for a long time and we feel God doesn't hear us. Lemme reiterate, if God is silent about something (and you're sure that He hasn't said anything) that's when you shouldn't stop crying to him. A lot of us think there's an end to prayer, but there isn't. I used to be like that, I would ask when something will be over, well I've by myself, for myself, poured the cold water on my face and realized that there's no end to prayers.

The Bible says 'ask till your joy is full' and last I checked man's needs are insatiable. Another is "your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goes around seeking whom he may devour...", so devil is walking upandan and you can't pray upandan. The devil is looking for who to use as suya and you are there comfortably drinking water like a deer at the brook, not conscious of its environment and of course not praying either.

I was thinking of the scenario in the verse above, so Elisha will tell me to strike the ground now, oh my! I will make a hole in the ground before I stop striking. Our king up there must have taken Elisha's words for granted, he could have thought Elisha was stressing him, cos there were other instructions before this one. Reading about Elisha's reaction, you can guess that the action of the King really peppered Elisha's body but what can local man do? The deed had been done.

As a believer, there's no time to stop praying, no time to stop fasting, no time to stop seeking God's face. That's just how it is, it isn't just your obligation to yourself to watch and pray, its your responsibility to the generation that is relying on you.

Once again, happy new month!
Memoirs of a Christian.
© Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2