God Forgets?

Hi guys, it's been the longest time since I've been here. Do I still need to apologize? Okay, I'm sorry for leaving for such a long time, I've missed writing and you guys that read as well. Thanks for the devotion. So I chewed on the fact that my posts aren't all that conversational and I want to change that, starting now. Onto today's business, the verse is from:


Genesis 30:22 New International Version (NIV) 
Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and enabled her to conceive.

The book of Genesis is filled with verses like the one above, with it starting as "and God remembered....." Now I know God is all-knowing, He doesn't sleep or slumber, yet these verses always use the word 'remember' and we all know you can't remember something or someone unless you had at first forgotten the thing or one in question.

Does this mean that God forgets people? Or is it the English translation that uses the word, I'd like to know your inputs on this, our Hebrew and Greek Bible professors, your expertise will be very much appreciated in the comments section. Help a babe that doesn't understand out. 

Thanks for commenting and enjoy what's left of your day.
Memoirs of a Christian.
© Icequeen.

Comments

  1. God doesn't forgets. This is the same God that knows us even before we were formed (Jer 1:5, Isaiah 44:24, Psalm 71:6,Gal 1:15). The use of the word 'remebered' is to qualify the time God chooses to act upon our case. We have been praying and requesting but God Almighty who knows the right time atimes deliberately puts out matter on pending so we can have our answers at the perfect time and at that we say ''e remembered me'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm insightful, I never thought of it from this angle till now. Thanks for the input

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2