Relationships 2

Hi guys I didn't post yesterday, iono why but I know I have a very valid reason in the works. So we are going into this relationship talk again. I've heard people talk on this choosing the right partner and God's will, there are many schools of thought that have their different arguments as to what they think.

Some people are of the opinion that after God asked Adam why he ate the fruit and Broda Adam blamed it on God then God now washed His hands off choosing a partner for somebody. Hence, the 

Proverbs 18:22 
He who finds a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord.

So that school of thought feels that the man should find the wife and then seek permission from God.
Another school thinks that God's will is paramount, that you have to dream or see vision of you helping someone to fetch water from the well (note, it has to be from the well, no borehole). They feel you must hear from God (even if you've never heard from God in your life, you must hear for future partner).

These two schools are the major schools of thought that have put youths in general in a deep pit of confusion, we don't know which is correct, must we see vision or dream dreams? Or we should just go ahead and look for one tall, dark, handsome rich and muscular guy that will not turn us to punching bag but protect us.

So guys, what are your own views? Which school of thought do you belong to? There's a comment section below, don't use it sparingly.

Memoirs of a Christian
© Icequeen.

Comments

  1. To me personally, I do not belong to either of the schools. I rather belong to the school of God direct my steps into meeting the right person and a clear understanding to know when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then how will you know its God guiding you to the person? There are questions to be asked.
      1. Has God been guiding or directing such a person before?
      2. Is it really God's guiding or the person's desires that are playing out.

      I've once asked that if God leads you to a crippled what will you do? Such people have thrown the "the thoughts I have for you are thoughts of peace......", so they say God won't lead them to such

      Delete
  2. I believe in God divinely orchestrating my movement to meet my help meet and I don't think assisting someone fetching water in the dream is my kind of thing.. I can't believe that even though I see it. I may end up assisting my great grandma's age mate in the dream to fetch water now. . 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can happen in either school of thought you mention and as well happen outside them as it's not the standard. God words describes a that a righteous woman is therefore study God's word to figure out such woman then find her either by the above school of thoughts mentioned above or see one in your church and talk to your pastor about it or you talk to the lord about the lady when you find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, some Pastors are actually into the business of matchmaking. However, if its the Proverbs 31 lady you are referring to, how do we recognise her, you can't know a lady has all those qualities except if you've been able to get close and know her to a certain intimate level.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2