Relationships

I skipped yesterday's post I'm aiming at a 5 times in a week posting or so, anyways, how are we enjoying the day? For some of us the rain welcomed us into a new day, and has been giving us chills till now. Moving on, lemme add my disclaimer, I'm not a relationship expert oh and it's not much about love.

I'm thinking of the verse that will factor in but I've seen the pressure that people get into for marriage or future partners' sake, even though I'm not against finding your partner or having a list, I still think there are questions one needs to ask themselves. A friend once told me I wasn't getting any younger, and that got me thinking which led to my asking myself this question. Can I marry this version of myself? My answer didn't take more than a minute and guess what it's a No. While I revel in my awesomeness, I know how nasty I can get, asides that I know I'm not at the place in my relationship with God where I can be the strength and faith for myself and my partner if i were in a relationship.

Amos 3:3 The Message
Do two people walk hand in hand if they aren't going to the same place?

I've heard people say you can't be fire and marry fire, biko why not? Let's burn something down, wait a minute has fire and water ever been friends? What's the ideology behind that? Instead let's say you can't be wise and get married to a dummy and vice versa, so my question is why be a dummy in the first place? Isn't it the right time to get wisdom from God? And if you are wise, how come you are attracting a dummy? Can a magnet attract wood? Even in Subway Surf the magnet attracts coins, have you seen a game where there's a magnet and it's attracting paper money?

I think we need to be sincere with ourselves, my daily prayer is this may I never find my partner until he has found God and vice versa. I don't want to make this one sided, these are just my opinions, I'd like to know yours? Who should be found first, God or the partner? Should there even be a list of the ideal lady or man? My list has just one requirement - God Chaser. Now if you know me you'll realize I'm not the Spirikoko type but the Child of God type, so please go to the comments section and add your views.

Thanks for reading and God bless y'all.
© Icequeen

Comments

  1. Wow, this is kinda deep. I use to tell people that relationship is a whole complex and complicated world. Its not that God created it to be that way but we human turned it to that.
    There are some points u made there i.e u can't be fire and marry fire'. If it's the fire for God, then no wahala but if it's the elemental fire that make up humans, then there is a serious problem. The combination of both will burn each other and the family. I always told my mum that I love the combination of her and my dad ( a goat and a lil stubborn sheep). In humans, it's not the issue of magnet and coins, rather that of the two oppsite poles of a magnet.
    About which one to find first, the one or God_Its supposed to be a divine invitation, sometimes God wants you to find the unbelieving to whom you will the path to God and it may also be that there is another believer to bring you closer to God. That is why we are meant to checkmate ourselves, see through each other, know one another well and also consult God before committing to any relationship. He is not an author of confusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm 🤔quite insightful, while I agree in part and also thought in the direction of leading the partner to God, it means you must have found God first. If we all live in that assumption then no one will be the partner that leads the other to God. As for the fire and fire part. I know you mean like in anger issues and that when one should be irrational the other one should be rational, however my point is why can't the both of you be rational together. Its supposed to be two becomes one and not two have different opinions. Lemme drop my pen here.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of being rational together, yes two will become one but that can only happen when we the right person is found and the two understand each other deeply but these days, we rush into relationships not considering the fact that we don't test a river depth with both feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it, that's why we don't need to rush into any relationship. The thing is to get to know God, and then he'll lead you to the partner that is meant for you.

      Delete
  3. Wow, very nice and revealing write up.

    I like this statement, "I've heard people say you can't be fire and marry fire, biko why not? Let's burn something down", to me it means people that have the same goals, so "burning something down" is like making an impact.

    Keep it up @Icequeen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome learning from here, God bless your insights.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2