Closure

Hi guys, 👋. Wow! It’s been ages since I’ve been here last and I must admit that laziness and busy-ness were the motivating factors. Just thought to do this right now, like a letter to all of us, about the pandemic that overtook the world and shook the strongest of us ( I mean the whole world now). A lot has happened during the COVID period that I can’t begin to explain. One of it is; man was forced to isolate from each other. I mean the very purpose to which we were created was avoided like a plague. Money failed us, doctors failed us, religion failed us but God stood for us.

I know some people might be like I’ve come again with my idiosyncrasies, just chill. No church has been able to hold services for more than a month now, so we’ve actually had time to know God for ourselves and not by what the Pastor says, a lot of people’s faith will be shook oh, no Pastor to quickly  call to coman settle fight. Anyways, I’m not planning on going into that, like I said a lot has happened and like play like play our new year resolutions have been messed up. It made me begin to realize (I call it my mid life crisis 🤣), that our futures are closer than we thought. I was lost in my head for a long time (a few days), I began to rely on head knowledge, which led me to the painful process of thinking, rethinking and unthinking, something that I had begun to shed, I took up the habit again. 

Thank God for mentors that double as spiritual fathers oh, omo coman see one full sermon. At first I was disinterested (don’t judge me, my head was in the clouds), but later I took notes and slept on it, precious Holy Spirit began to bring it up bits by pieces in simple conversations that I was having with random friends (shout out to friends that called me to stress my life this period). Later on events just kept unfolding and brought me back to the same verse:

 “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

More than ever, this period has taught me that; our dreams are valid, our faith is valid and our God is Heb 13:8. 
I’m sure at some point a lot of us fell into this boat, there are a few things I’m holding back that I hope to share later but I hope we catch the drift. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt about God is, no matter what is going on, He’s still Talk and Do. Sometimes, it baffles me how He still holds onto us even when we’re swimming in a sea of doubt. 

I didn’t intend for this to be so long, forgive me, I haven’t thought up a title yet. I think I have it now. 
Please share some of your faith-periences with me and also I’ll like to share some songs I stumbled upon in this COVID season (I have good taste, don’t be scared), however, I’ll only share if I’m asked to share by y’all. 

Believe! He’s closer than the air you breath
Memoirs of a Christian.
©️ Icequeen 

Comments

  1. My Dreams are Valid.

    I got that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CONVID season was a real test for me and i connected with everything you've said personally.. ugly forgone habits raising heads like Agama, and me saying 'there is no time to do this and that....' PRE-CONVID Vs having all the time I needed to do all that but still not doing it.. I was able to conquer self a bit(still in the battle.. lol) to create time to do what I have always set to do..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2