No More Tensioning




Hola amigos, how’s the day going. During this pandemic I’d wanted to start a podcast. Understand me, I got so mad about a lot of things and I just wanted to rant. I didn’t sha, cos I’ve been trying to stop having complete conversations with myself, so I decided to keep calm.


So during the lockdown, a lot of my friends started to post different degrees on courses they finished online, many went into online schooling and were getting certificates for it. In fact one of them started sent me a message about the certificates just to tension me, at first I was like ‘chai! Icequeen you’re lazy oh see people everywhere learning’. Knowing me well, you know I don’t like being tensioned, I prefer to do the tensioning. I almost succumbed and went into one of the sites, when it was time to register for the course, I backed out, I wasn’t interested and I just wanted to do it because a lot of people were doing it.


I discovered that many of the people that were doing these courses did not retain any knowledge on the courses (you want to try? Ask them for a summary of the course they got certified for). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying be lazy or don’t be motivated, I’m just saying don’t waste your time on things that deep down you’re not interested in and hold no value to you, it’s good to garner knowledge but it’s wrong to waste your time garnering something you might not ever need. 


Don’t allow yourself to be pressured in doing what you have no business doing, I emerged from the tension and instead I started referring online study sites to people i knew were interested (forget oh, I have many online certificates, I’m subscribed to a lot of study sites too). It’s the same thing with spiritual matters, just because a friend has read the Bible 20 times doesn’t mean you should read the New Testament in one week, don’t be lazy but do it at your own pace. If all you can do is meditate and study one verse a day, just do it and be diligent. 


Somebody will say I pray for 3hours, others 24 hours, let it inspire you to be better but don’t let it tension you, salvation they say is a personal race, not a competitive race, you’re the only one on the tracks, doesn’t matter how long it takes you to get to the finish line, what matters is that you don’t change course or get distracted to get there. If your prayer is 30 minutes, do it consistently, you’ll see that little by little 30 minutes will extend to an hour and so on. 


My verse reference is in the image, I figured I’ve typed a lot, that verse used to tension me (sincerely, Boda Paul like to tension us), but instead I learnt from it and applied it to my growth, only God can tension me now. Don’t be lazy I repeat, but be inspired and motivated in an healthy and Godly way. 


Memoirs of a Christian 

©️ Icequeen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2