Partial Amnesia

I’m back guys! Thanks for the feedback on the last post and thanks for reading. So lemme continue my COVID experiences, I’ve been deeply in love with some Bible verses during this period that is just brain bursting.

Anyways, I was doing a bit of Bible study when I saw these three words and it just popped at me, I think it yelled at me. 

“Remember Lot's wife.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭17:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

At first it boggled my mind that just those three words formed a verse, as in understand my worry; Boda Luke like story gan oh, so there must have been something about those three words that stood out for him. A lot of us are living like Lot’s wife (I wish we knew her name), we are holding on desperately to the things of yesterday. I fell into this category, I was beating myself up that I wasn’t consistent with dropping blog posts. I would wander into the blog and read some posts and feel pity for myself, I thought I had lost my wonder, but someone told me that life was in phases, a time to write and a time to observe, so I enjoyed my observation process. 

In many ways a lot of us hold onto the past, some of us hold on to past achievements and use that as the yardstick for our future, we forget that we weren’t included in the script writing for the future, we’re just casts. Some of us have succeeded in limiting our achievements because we keep measuring it by past achievements (it’s like someone that should be using a diesel generator and is still using those ones that have tyres, just because he was using I better pass previously, he feels he’s doing good, without knowing that, his capabilities are being shortchanged). 

For others our own story is holding onto the bitterness of the past and using it to judge the future. Some of us have given up on many good things because we’ve been burnt before and don’t want to be burnt again, how do you know it burns if you don’t try it? I’m not saying be careless but a certain Someone has even promised that if you’re walking through the fire, He’ll be there with you, so why worry? 

Remember Lot’s wife, she couldn’t let go of the past and she became the greatest food seasoning, realistically, we were demanding a lot from her but faithistically, we don’t walk by sight, we can let go of everything because Jesus did that, he showed us it was difficult but doable. When I said your dreams were valid yesterday, there’s only one factor that can render them invalid and that’s you. 

Now camdan, I didn’t say you should forget home training or forget great lessons learnt, I’m saying that develop amnesia when you want to start measuring, measure by God’s standards, judge by God’s standards not past standards. Lemme chip this in from one of my favorite people Boda mi Paulu:

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

My brother mastered the art of partial amnesia, I think we should try it too.
God bless.

Memoirs of a Christian 
©️ Icequeen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2