No Back-Up Plan

Happy new month, happy independence! I know it seems like there's nothing good about this country but always look at the upside, you're alive and free and no matter how bad things are God keeps helping you. So be grateful!

In this spirit of optimism, my last week was a mumbo jumbo of emotions, I was just somehow cos a lotta things were hitting me hard but then I started the new month with optimism and then it seemed like good news began to chase me upandan. It got to a point I had to goan disturb one of my friends that I don't usually disturb, why? well its because he's my powerbank. It's only desperate times that I call for his help. So you need friends like that, friends that can help you stand in the Lord when you feel weak. 

Not deviating, actually my powerbank didn't do much (to be sincere ion even think he prayed for me). What I'm sure of is that I prayed for myself and even though I was weak, I realized that I had no back-up plan. No side babalawo incase the Word fails (which can never happen), I remember in my convo with my momma. I repeated that fact till it sunk into me, Iono anybody that can help me, just You Lord, so You gaz turn up, and turn up He did in a mega way, cos I saw results in hours.

Most of the time, we get beaten down by the issues of life and stay down because we don't take the step to rise up in prayer, no one is saying its gonna be easy, but if stuff is easy for you, it just means you are the devil's suya. Always surround yourself with prayer strength, surround yourself with praying friends too, surround yourself with testimonies that are as a result of prayers. 


Mark 11:24 New International Version (NIV)
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

You know I was pondering on how we always complain of Nigeria's economy, even though I know Prayer and action is what is needed, it will be foolish to disregard the place of prayer, wait first how many of us can boldly say we dispose of trash properly when we are on roads. That's not the point sha, the point is Prayer Works!! Just mix it up with a little bit of FAITH and you'll be fine.

Memoirs of a Christian.
© Icequeen

Comments

  1. Thank you ma..
    I was actually counselling somebody who was almost giving up on God totally, based on some life issues.. And I told her if everything tend to go smooth for you in life as a human, then you are weak.. Every challenge we face in life is their to strengthen us to be strong for the next challenge and be able to put our trust solely on God.
    I know if she reads this post she will seem as if I told Mama Ice somethings. More strenght MA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible says we should put on the whole armor of God

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2