Getting It Right

So I wanna bring back a post that speaks about where I was about this time last year. I don't fancy being a writer that scolds or exhorts and doesn't accept his/her faults. I recall a time I posted the 'no food, no water before studying the Bible'. But it's sad to say I couldn't keep up, I got engrossed in my activities for the day.

The devil made me feel so bad about this that every time I tried to study, I felt like I had failed God and that He'd be very disappointed in me; so I'd leave studying for the next day asserting that I'd do it right. But I never did it right and I lagged behind in studying my Bible weekly. So I determined one day that I'd study my Bible no matter what. I came across this verse that day:
.
2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life- not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.

I realized then that when I determined I didn't consult my Bestie, I didn't ask Him for help and thought my determination was enough. I woke and stopped the devil from deceiving me, God loves me, He forgives me and His grace is sufficient for me.
So my brothers and sisters, perhaps teh devil is making you feel like you failed God because you missed a day of prayer or study; understand that you can seek help from God. He can even plan your schedule in a way that helps your spiritual life. Therefore let us come boldly to the Throne of Grace. Hope this was helpful?


Memoirs of a Christian.
© Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2