Joyful Scoldings

 Hi guys, forgive me for my inconsistencies, my excuses are making me sound like a broken record and that's not fair on you guys. However, I've been seriously surrounded by some stuffs that I couldn't get my head out of without the help of God

Hebrews 12:5 New International Version (NIV)
And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,
“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you
8If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

I'm referencing from two verses because they both speak of my intent today. I dunno if I should start a comparison but lemme ask, remember how now that you're all grown up, some of those things your parents were beating you up over have now paid out. How you finally thank God that they scolded you or beat you that time? That's the same with God, the way He scolds you for doing something, for not heeding, for not being sensitive enough, for moving too far. Many of us have now made it a habit to disdain the corrections we get from God. We have found a way to justify all our actions that we feel all the chastisements are ill-deserved. I love something that David did, he kept praying that the child not die, didn't eat or do anything, but the child died and Baba dinnor go and be crying or be complaining and saying "God, shebi I've begged You na", instead you got up, frosh up and ate. He admitted his wrong, begged for forgiveness and took his punishment in good stride.

I think we should even feel bad when people are testifying as to how God chastised them and we haven't felt any chastising from God. One time it happened to me like that, I ran to God and cried for mercy, I was so sure that it wasn't because I was right but because I was too wrong. When God is not chastising you then you need to check if the Holy Spirit has not left you to your mischief. When God is silent it can only mean two things:
  • You aren't listening
  • He has left you to your business (the reprobate mind parole)
So guys rejoice exceedingly when God chastises you, not because you are not remorseful but because you are sure that God loves you and wants you to be a better person for Him.
Remain blessed.

Memoirs of a Christian.
© Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2