The Standard

Hi guys, while I'm typing this I'm looking out the window to see that a storm is coming, I just hope I can escape traffic today.

Hebrews 12:2 Living Bible (TLB)
Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterwards; and now he sits in the place of honor by the throne of God.

With the trend of what is happening right now, I think we need to retrace our steps and remind ourselves of who exactly we are chasing after. A song says "I'll forever be chasing after You". A lot of us have quoted the verse above and sang the song but we've now lost track of it. I'm not saying to not trust anyone but I want us to make sure our focus and gaze is fixed on Jesus. Jesus is our leader and our instructor, He's the example that we are to follow. It's not really nice when He hears stuff like because a Pastor has left the Church you leave with Him or because one Man of God you've trusted has failed God and then you don't believe Him anymore. When you gave your life to Christ, you didn't surrender to the Man of God, you said "I declare Christ to be my personal Lord and savior".

It wasn't your Pastor that died for you, he received the gospel just like you did, so he is also looking unto Jesus, your pastor could lose focus is the reason Paul said 'looking unto Jesus' and 'Follow me as I follow Christ', see Jesus was the one that bore your shame and sins, it is His stripes that can make you whole. It is in His name you pray and decree stuffs, not your Pastor's, your Pastor's name has zero effect oh. It is His name and your faith. At the end we know that salvation is personal, so you better understand who it is you are supposed to be emulating and focusing on.

Don't be derailed, there's no other standard, Jesus is the only standard
Memoirs of a Christian.
©️ Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2