Forgiveness 3

Good day guys, I'm sure y'all are doing good.

Luke 23:34
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Still on this forgiveness matter, we realize that one lesson to learn from the verse above is that 'when it hurts the most is when you need to forgive ', you see if an offense isn't that hurtful then it's pretty easy to let go.

I was pretty offended some weeks back, the thing pained me and entered my chest. I almost swore I wouldn't even forgive the offender but then I think God just used that to train me. Once something is too hard to forgive and you entertain it, it means that the offense and the pain from it is more than your love for God.

Check this, unforgiveness can be an idol, you place the offender before anything else in your heart, the grudge takes up more space in your mind. In essence you dwell on it more than you dwell on God. Jesus knew the implications of holding a grudge against his persecutors so He jejely forgave them and also asked His Father to forgive them. Cos if He had felt offended then His Father would have fought for Him hence destroying the very ones He came to save.

Even when it hurts like hell. Do well to forgive 
Memoirs of a Christian 

© Icequeen 

Comments

  1. Simplicity is key. Words my dear keep it up. We're changing lives just like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2