Committed?


Hi guys, it's a new week, I hope we are refreshed. Let's buckle up and be prepared. 

Esther 2:21
In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king's gate, two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth, and sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.

So I'll share more than a Bible verse today so as to drive home my point, we know Brother Mordecai and what he did, what I observed was that his post was at the king's gate, he found out about the conspiracy against the king's life and he reported it, he saved the king's life and was only acknowledged by a book.

Yet this guy was consistent, he kept his post at the King's gate, he didn't think of the great deed he did for the King, he didn't feel under appreciated, he didn't complain or protest, he just always woke up and went to the Kings gate. 

Esther 6:11-12
Then took Haman the apparel and the horse, and arrayed Mordecai, and brought him on horseback through the street of the city, and proclaimed before him, Thus shall it be done unto the man whom the king delighteth to honour.
And Mordecai came again to the king's gate. But Haman hasted to his house mourning, and having his head covered.

What stands out to me is that after the King now remembered Uncle Mordy's deed, and you know they honored him, my uncle went back to the King's gate like nothing happened. His total commitment to his service was undeniable, he didn't after the parade go about making mouth. He didn't go and declare to his people what had happened, immediately they were through with the parade or march he went back to the King's gate. I'm sure he was qualified to enter into the palace but he stayed at the gate, his post and went on serving. 

So now my question is how committed are we, exactly what have we done that's so great in our eyes and we feel we need to be rewarded. Serve with a bit of sense today (selflessly), we are not too big for any level of service. Just because I'm High Priestess Icequeen doesn't make me too big to sweep the floor of the church.

I think I've typed a bit too much, please bear with me.
God bless you as you follow Uncle Mordy's commitment to service 
Memoirs of a Christian 

© Icequeen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2