Godsurance

Hello people of God, I know the week is going fine.

Philippians 4:19 Amplified Bible (AMP)
And my God will liberally supply (fill until full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

The Version says ‘but’, other versions say ‘and’ while the rest say ‘for’. Anyhow they put it the important thing to note about this prayer is the confidence (Godfidence) and assurance (Godsurance) that Brother Paul had. He was so sure that His God was All Sufficient and could sustainably and continuously supply the needs of the Philippians according to His riches. Now a lot of people casually throw out the prayer “God bless you” without understanding the impact, excuse me which God do you want to bless the person you are praying for?

Is it the God that you believe in only when it’s all good? Is it the God you sin against at every little temptation? Is it the God you can’t always stand up for? Paul said “My GOD”, there’s something peculiar about personalizing God, remember Elisha when parting the river Jordan asked ‘where is the God of Elijah?’, he understood the God of Elijah even though he didn’t fully understand the God of Elisha. When next you say the words God bless you, remember Apostle Paul and his cautious selection of words.

Paul said this short prayer which I’ll join him to say to everyone today “And My God will freely (because I’m His son and I’ve requested it from Him) supply (fill until full until overflowing) your every need (which are limitless) according to His riches (tested and trusted) in glory (which never fades away or runs dry) in Christ Jesus (Who bled and died and rose again for us all). Amen

It’s not that I’ve never been broke, but I’ve never lacked bread. Selah.
Memoirs of a Christian
© Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2