Unusual Privileges

Good day guys, how have we been doing? Hope the day was smooth. Very simple a verse screamed at me today:

Matthew 6:11 Living Bible (TLB)
Give us our food again today, as usual,

I love this version of the verse, give us our food again today. It means that the statement was made to someone who has been consistently providing for the speaker without fail. I know we all know it’s Jesus giving us the perfect example of a prayer, yet it teaches us a lot about what to know and expect. It helps us to know that we can rely on God to provide for us consistently without fail. It means that as children we are entitled to ask from our Father a daily provision of what we need, be it food or any other thing.

I dunno why I found this verse interesting but it’s pretty intriguing, this is because as Christians many of us have not grown up to that level of ‘don’t worry about tomorrow, look at the sparrow…’, we still fret about things that are beyond our control of which I am chief. We’ve got to understand that God assures us that our tables will never be empty, no matter how tight my financial situation is, God just shows up with provision, its because that’s His nature, His love to us ward isn’t to be trivialized.

Give us our food again today, as usual (well He gives us food everyday so it’s become the norm for us to get food from Him, I guess that’s why the best of us have forgotten to be grateful for that one privilege, because the privilege seems like an automatic stuff that doesn’t deserve thanks). So all my talk today is know that God will always provide and don’t take His provisions for granted.

Memoirs of a Christian
© Icequeen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Representing

Hypocritical Hypocrites!

On Your Side 2